Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unwell

I am still unwell, not vomiting, but aching all over and unable to sleep comfortably. Emily has (wisely, but it still makes me sad and anxious) told me to stop breastfeeding when I am feeling this unwell. Wisely because when I tried nursing him after watching the inauguration on TV (OMG! No more Bush! Obama!) he hit me and cried and refused to stay latched and I couldn't do anything but hold him and cry myself. He picks up on my unwellness and feeds right back into it, so I'm pumping and Emily's giving him bottles until at least tomorrow morning. I believe it's the right decision, but it makes me even more anxious about going back to work on Thursday. Have I mentioned I'm supposed to start working part time on Thursday, and I feel like Death on a Stick?

But we have a new president and I will focus on that and my beautiful boy and get over this stupid flu.

No comments: