Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Day in Florida

First full day in Florida went okay. We ate lunch on the patio, Emily went kayaking in the backyard. I'm not actually kidding, my dad's place has a dock facing the intercoastal waterway and a kayak. She had a good time. We had dinner at one of our favorite places to eat in Florida, Sweet Tomatoes, a vegetarian buffet place. We ate with Dad and Jen and her daughter, who I have met once before about two years ago at the beginning of the whole divorce mess. Yes, my parents have been in the process of divorcing for over two years. It's been fun. Spending this much time with my father is interesting. It's the first time I've spent more than five or six hours with him since I lived at home the summer before my senior year in college and the times spent home for the holidays before October 2006. It's very weird to see him be happy and affectionate with someone not my mother, but to be honest he never was happy or affectionate with my mother that I remember, so maybe that's why it's weird.

More to come later. Night.

1 comment:

ajnabieh said...

You didn't live at home the summer before your senior year. I know, because you lived with me.

HI FROM ACROSS THE LIVING ROOM.