Saturday, January 10, 2009

More about sleep

I've decided that any schedule X appears to be following is irrelevant for the moment, as he appears to still have the tail end of the cold he's had the last week. I thought he was over it a few days ago, but considering the remarkable amount of snot we've been pulling out of his nose and the slight cough, I'm thinking I was wrong.

He has good mornings with cheerfulness and a long nap (1.5 to 2 hours) and then his afternoons feature very short naps from which he wakes up crying hysterically and not stopping until he is held close and reassured that his moms haven't disappeared while he was sleeping. It's kind of amazing, he truly seems to wake up with the fear of being alone and all you do to calm him down is keep telling him that Mama or Mommy is here and he's not by himself and he starts winding down again. His congestion isn't helping the naps at all, either.

I never imagined when I started this blog that it would feature quite this much discussion of my son's sleep, but I suppose that's just because I didn't know any better. Sleep is REALLY important. I go back to work part time in less than two weeks and I really want him to be on as good a footing as possible before I do. Sigh.

No comments: