Thursday, January 15, 2009

Best Mama Moment

I had one of my best moments as a Mom tonight. It was a fleeting moment, blink and you would miss it. X had been down for the night for about an hour and he was getting restless, crying in his sleep. This happens once or twice in the first few hours he's asleep, so one of us will get us and sit in front of him in his bouncy chair, where he sleeps until we all go to bed, and talks him back to sleep, just repeatedly telling him he's okay, that he's not alone and he settles back down.

Tonight, I crouched down in front of him, telling him that he was safe and Mama was there, and he stopped moaning, opened his eyes slowly, his eyes focused, he saw me, he smiled a sweet little smile and closed his eyes and went back to sleep. Just seeing me and hearing my voice let him feel safe and loved. It is so all worth it.

No comments: