Friday, January 23, 2009

Paper-work loving Crazy Lady

My second day back at work wasn't as difficult. To be fair to my first day at work, it also wasn't difficult, just very frustrating at the very end. My second day back proved that I was correct in assuming that it is going to take me most of my part-time easing back to the office to catch up the insane amount of paperwork that I got handed yesterday.

I discovered today the level to which my co-worker who covered this part of my job has bailed over the last month. Also, that I am very anal retentive and can't cope with other people's inability to aim when placing labels on file folders (seriously, if the label is at an angle and below the tab, what is the point of the freaking label?), bad handwriting on folders that everyone has to read and his refusal to put the freaking year when he dates his work on each folder (yes, I am writing the year on each folder as I go, but what of the many he already filed?). Yes, I am a crazy paperwork-loving nut, but seriously, this is a business, be neat!

I also learned that the pipe-dream I had of not doing the tech support part of my job until I'm back full-time (as my supervisor had agreed to) just isn't going to work. People don't understand technology and they are used to coming to me for help, and are so happy that I'm back to fix all their problems. I spent half of today dealing with lack of phone service. But what can you do. Off to Florida in the morning!

No comments: