Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're off to the races!

Yesterday was a big day in the world of the Commune Child. It was CD1 of the cycle that we start inseminating. We had been trying to convince my body that it wanted to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday, but Monday was the day and so we go with it. We wanted to push the first possible insemination date a little further past the end of Emily’s Comparative Politics Field Exam, which runs from February 1-February 4. Looking at the year’s worth of data that we have gathered about my cycle, with CD1 on January 21, our possible insemination dates are February 4, 5 or 6. We will just have to hope that this month I go long!

This is all so very exciting and real. When I walked into my chiropractor’s office this evening, Dr. G. said, “Aren’t you just so excited about it!” Em had seen her earlier in the day and had mentioned that my cycle had started yesterday. I do love the interconnectedness of our lives. I think it’s a good environment to bring a child. Now we just need the universe to agree.

No comments: