Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Chiropractor

I'd been thinking all day that I wanted to talk to my chiropractor, Dr. G., about how/if we will modify my adjustments for the TWW parts of the coming months. It seemed kind of a bad idea to be doing a lot of lower back work with potential babyness going on. Em said that Dr. G must adjust lots of women who are pregnant and don't know it yet, so she didn't see why it would be a problem. But I'm a worrier; it's a family thing. I come from a long line of worriers.

So I really appreciated when Dr G. walked into the room, asked my how my New Year had been and said, " So when are we doing this baby thing?" I really enjoy that our chiropractor (Em see her too) is so excited about the baby project. She mentions relatively often how much she loves that we've been together since high school.

I told her of the January 22nd beginning of cycle and the probable date of February 5th for the first insemmination and then she talked about how many different things she will do with me throughout my pregnancy to make it less painful and make labor easier. And again she mentioned how it should all be straightforward as I was so much younger than her other patients trying to conceive. (Since when is 27 young to be having kids?!) I really appreciative her positive, excited approach to this next part of our lives. I gotta say, I do love my chiropractor!

No comments: