Monday, January 7, 2008

Independent Living

As I said in a previous post, Em and I are a codependent couple. We really enjoy spending the majority of our time together. We usually need a specific reason to go somewhere without each other. So the times when Em travels for her academics have always in the past been times that I put up with, killing time until she gets back.

This is why I am finding myself confused this time to discover that I'm having a perfectly nice time being on my own for these twelve days. Yes, I miss Em and look forward to her return on Saturday night, but I'm being independent and it is going well. It's not so much that I'm surprised by this as that I'm pleased. It's good to know that when she travels again that I can look forward to reading books, knitting the future baby an afghan, watching way to much TV, blogging and playing with the cats. Although I have some question whether my lack of anxiety around her absence has more to do with her only being in Arizona and not Palestine, and not my growing as a human being.


3 comments:

ajnabieh said...

i miss you too, love. but i'm glad to know you're ok.

Kate said...

I take all that talk about independent living back. It's been nine days and I'm completely over this living on my own thing.

ajnabieh said...

well, aren't you lucky i'm coming home tomorrow?

you need a user icon. for realz.