Friday, January 4, 2008

Missing My Girl

I've always theoretically known that this baby-making process is a two person project but these past few days have really brought home the practical aspects of that truth.

Emily has been away on an academic trip since January 1st, and already I am feeling her absence. Well, clearly I'm missing her. We are one of those codependent couples who spend a great deal of time together and rarely travel alone. Don't knock it, it works for us. But more than just missing her on an emotional level, I'm missing her on a very practical, TTC level. I chart pretty much every sign that we can figure out and she is away right in the middle of my cycle. For the first time since we started charting over six months ago, I am having to figure out how to monitor my own cervix. Let me just say, she makes it look easy. I really didn't comprehend until I had to do it by myself how tricky it is to read my cervix with anything resembling consistency and accuracy. All I can say is it's a good thing that this month is the last of our preparation months and we aren't actually inseminating this month or we'd be in trouble. Sometimes you can't appreciate your wife as much as you should until she's on the other side of the country.

No comments: