Monday, November 9, 2009

Strange Goo.gle Searches

This past February, when I was in the middle of my first nursing crisis, I wrote a post about my lovely mother-in-law and her helpfulness in calming me down and sending me off in the right direction in order to address the supply problem I was having. Without even thinking about it, I called this post "Grand.ma and Bo.obs" except without the dots. This became relevant last night, when I checked out the report from Goo.gle Ana.lytics for the first time in many months and discovered that, in one form or another, "Grand.ma Bo.obs" was the most common Goo.gle search that lead someone to our blog. Two hundred and fifty-two times, random people searched for what I can only assume was slightly bizarre po.rn and found our blog instead. I think I'm going to go change the title of that blog post now.



2 comments:

GIsen said...

How do you use that google function?

Kate said...

From what I remember of setting it up, I went to www.google.com/analytics and signed up for the service (it's free) and there were instructions on how to insert a code in the html of your blog template that allowed their software to track users of your site. You then go to their site and read the report whenever you want. They have fun graphs and such. Hope that helps! It is quite entertaining to get a vague sense of who is visiting and from where.