Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Grand.ma and Bo.obs

Something I never expected to mind useful and in fact reassuring when I was in high school and college was a conversation with my mother-in-law, let alone a conversation about my breasts. And yet, this evening, I had a very pleasant conversation with my MIL (hereafter to be known at Grandma) about my nursing concerns. She was a breastfeeding counselor when Emily was little and hence knows more than some, and being Grandma, is quite willing to make it up when she doesn't actually know the answer. We lovingly refer to answering a question authoritatively and intelligently without actually knowing the correct answer as pulling a "Grandma's first name".

At the end of the conversation, I felt a bit more confident and certainly a little less nuts about the issue, so thanks Grandma!

No comments: